Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Google Docs as an Instructional Tool

After reading from Hicks' text, I really began to get excited about the actual act of teaching abroad. He brings up and discusses many integrative ways to include technology within the (ESL) classroom. Google Docs would be an AMAZING tool to use to monitor my students' writing and comprehension skills. I would be able to give each English Language Learner undivided attention after each class in regards to their progress. This new realization has made me so eager to get started! My only concern is that there may be a lack of technology where I am teaching. Does anyone have suggestions for getting technology into the classroom? Do you think a site like Donors Choose would sponsor me to get iPads for my classroom? Help!

1 comment:

  1. My school signed on with "Google Apps for Education" 2 years ago and many teachers in my district have used it to move toward a paperless classroom. While I still give my fair share of worksheets, my students use Google Docs to collaborate on PowerPoint projects, upload videos for class, and send me tidbits on French culture they find for extra credit. We love it!
    Just so that you're aware, though, Google Drive and iPad seriously do not cooperate. The iPad only allows you to do very basic tasks in Drive. However, the iPad also has its own "office" system comparable to Google Docs, although I believe the sharing features are very different. I would look into it before you decide what technology to request - Google Chrome books might be a good alternative!

    ReplyDelete