Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Hicks' Human

After our Skype session with Troy Hicks Thursday, I was happily surprised to find that he is an extremely down to earth guy. He doesn't have all of the answers. He's still trying to fight through his own problems and short falls when it comes to technology.

What I especially enjoyed was that he wasn't afraid to throw out many other resources and tools that we're found in his book. Since the class has ended, I've checked out little bird tales and using PowerPoint for creating digital books. Both great tools/resources and I definitely recommend you checking them out as well! Overall, I thought the Skype session was incredibly beneficial and engaging; nothing better than receiving tools and advice straight from the experts!

2 comments:

  1. Another great resource that he mentioned was Puppet Pals. Apparently some of our students have already started using the program on the school iPads, and I can't wait to use it with my class. It's such a great resource for our Fairy Tale unit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too was pleasantly surprised as how "down to earth" Hicks was. I can't tell you how many professional development workshops I have been to over the years where the presenter had neither any connection to a live classroom nor been in one for decades. It is obvious that Hicks practices what he preaches and remains directly involved with many practitioners like ourselves.

    ReplyDelete