Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Project Progress



Luckily, my Literacy Project has been occurring since January 31st through the form of a classroom blog. A small group of reading intervention students have been reading Diary of a Witness with me three times a week for forty-five minutes. We read a chapter a day and reflect on our reading through responding to blog posts. With the CMTs, the science fair, and spring break complete, I can now resume our group. We are approximately 3/4 of the way through the book, so I am excited to announce that I BELIEVE that the students' final project associated with the book will be complete before our class is complete! If you'd like to check out our blog so far, click here!

4 comments:

  1. Jamee,

    It looks like we need to log in to read the comments. I created a blog with my kids, too. I'm loving it! I can see that they really like commenting on each others' posts. They're also able to practice their English in a fun way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I teach a literature based class one semester and something like this would be a great addition. While I couldn't log in to actually read the student contributions, the link to your blog provided me with a good idea of the concept in action.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You posed thought-provoking questions for your students in the blog. I have not read this book, but it looks to be a popular choice! Goodluck finishing up the final project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jamee,

    I clicked through to check out your blog, but it's asking me for log-in info to read the posts. I think it's great that this classroom blog worked out so well for your literacy project! I really like the idea of kids responding to their reading via blog posts.

    ReplyDelete