Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Animoto Intros

After watching many, many, many animotos, I've come to the conclusion that animotos can be used for virtually anything. As a middle school special education teacher, I have been hesitant in creating animotos for my students. Animoto obviously cannot be the main form of instruction for my classroom. With the wide array of ability levels and personal preferences within my classroom, I was unsure where to begin or what to focus my animotos around. Now that I have viewed various animotos, I feel as though they would best be used as an introduction to a unit/hook to a lesson. By creating an animoto with stimulating pictures, key words, and questions, I feel as though it could work as an engaging introduction to any unit. 

2 comments:

  1. I agree! Animoto's can be used for almost anything and my fear is that my musical, auditory students will be focusing more on the lyrics than the images and messages. I was thinking that having the students create their own Animoto on a topic would be a great way to increase the rigor. It can also be a culminating project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that the best use for Animoto at the middle school level is a "hook" for a lesson, or introducing the basic concepts (or in my case, French vocab) in the beginning of a unit. As I said in my own blog comment, I'm interested in having students use it themselves as well, but I'm not sure how to incorporate that into the content area. The other limitation is that the free version is a bit limited. Hopefully with some playing around, inspiration will strike!

    ReplyDelete