Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Diigo = Deal



After months of Arzt encouraging Diigo, I have finally taken the plunge, and must thank her! Since my last class with her I have continued to tell myself that the Bookmarks bar is enough and that Diigo is unnecessary. When I heard her suggest that we all use Diigo in this class, I figured there was no out this time, I'd have to check it out. What I've found is that it is really just a massive folder for work. As of now, I've only added minimal pages; however, I am looking forward to adding more! Here's My Diigo Page. Do you have any suggestions in regards to how to organize it further?

3 comments:

  1. I was right with you Jamee - reluctant to use it for sure. However, I am taking Ed Research this semester and the professor recommends having a GIANT binder filled with your articles, organized by which sections of the paper you plan to use them in. We need at least 20 sources and most articles are 10+ pages. That's a lot of paper!! I might decide to use Diigo to help me organize these articles digitally, instead of printing out all those pages. Unfortunately I am still brand new to Diigo as well, so I don't have any organizational suggestions right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamee, it is important to use tags, so once you amass lot of bookmarks, you can search your bookmarks easily to find resources for reference. Some people also like to use the List feature in Diigo. If you use Diigo enough and use it well, you will find it a valuable tool for finding resources and web pages you need for teaching.

    Let Cristin know that the articles she gets from the USJ database should be organized using the tools the Library provides for archiving articles. References she finds online can be put into her Diigo Library and tagged EDUC511 and with other topics related to her research. Some of the materials she accesses in secure databases that are paid subscriptions, which our Library pays for, might not allow for bookmarking in Diigo. However, I have successfully stored them using another tool: Evernote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too like the stick with the systems I've had in place for years and was reluctant to start using Diigo. Now I find myself going "tag happy". Every site I come across I find myself tagging it into my library. Good luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete