Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Peer Pressure Possibilities

I've created my Animoto! This Animoto will be used as a hook or introduction to our Peer Pressure Unit. Students will be reading articles about the negative effects of peer pressure as well as researching positive actions students can take to avoid peer pressure. We will be talking about drinking, drugs, bullying, and cyberbullying within this unit. Students will be participating in a cyberbullying webquest as well. In regards to the NETS standards, teacher standards that are met include digital citizenship and student learning. Student standards that are met include research and information and critical thinking. One aspect of the program that I was disappointed in was that I couldn't add everything I wanted to it! I guess that's part of the purpose of the Animoto program. Because of this breakdown, I have decided that I will make a supplemental SmartBoard slideshow of other areas of the topic I'd like to expose my class to. Hope you enjoy Peer Pressure Possibilities !



Try our video maker at Animoto.

2 comments:

  1. Jamee, switch your account to "educator" and you can make longer videos. Once you do, you might try a longer one on this topic. On the other hand, if you had a class blog, you coud not only embed the Animoto but blog about issues related to peer pressure and have students respond, moderating the comments of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the format of the burning background you used for the slideshow. The buring picture edges gives your animoto a great effect and makes it serious. I can see older students really enjoying this.

    ReplyDelete