Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Teachers Teaching Teachers

Technology in the classroom :)When exploring the web for classroom blogs, I found that there are equally as many classroom blogs as there are "teaching" blogs. What I mean when I say teaching blogs are that many teachers are posting their instructional strategies, struggles, and successes through blogs. When investigating these blogs, I found that many teachers are doing exemplar work within their classrooms involving technology. One blog I definitely recommend all teachers to take a look at is Tech for Teachers. Not only does this blog give information regarding classroom blogging, but also talks extensively regarding iPads in the classroom, progress monitoring, student engagement, and how to check website validity before sharing sites with our classrooms. It seems to me that the major setback for most teachers is actually getting the technology into the classroom, not actually using it. So I pose this question. How can teachers be proactive in getting the latest technology within their classrooms?

1 comment:

  1. The "Tech for Teachers" blog is awesome! Thanks so much for recommending it. I've used some of those tools before, such as Socrative and Edmodo. I've been meaning to experiment with Google Forms and perhaps I will now that there are some tips on this site for it. I like that some of these tips assume that students will be using their own device. My school has recently implemented a BYOD program (Bring Your Own Device), so they would love any tool I used which encouraged that!

    ReplyDelete